FREE Social Security Disability Case Consultation
- Call us today to setup your free no obligation disability consultation.
- You don’t pay unless we win.
- 34 years of experience
Denied SSD?- over 65% of all claims for SSD are. We have gotten over 80% of denied claims overturned on appeal!
If you are disabled from performing substantial gainful activity, you may be eligible to receive Social Security for Disability/SSD or Supplemental Security Income/SSI Benefits. The Social Security Administration often denies disabled claimants who don’t have the expertise to present their claim well. Often, it takes an experienced lawyer, with a thorough knowledge of the laws and medical listings, to get disabled claimants benefits. Our attorneys will prepare you for your disability hearing.
Social Security Disability(SSD) was intended to help maintain a household’s income level or lifestyle if the primary wage earner is permanently disabled from working or dies. If you, a child or a loved one is being denied benefits, contact us immediately as the time limits for back benefits is short.
Get the benefits you are legally entitled to! Call today!
Social security cases fall into two classes: social security disability (SSD); and social security income (SSI). Broadly speaking SSD is applied for when you have a work history and you can no longer do any form of meaningful work because of an injury or illness. SSI is applied for when you have an injury or illness and can not work and satisfy the requirement of essentially being impoverished which translates at the time this writing to having total assets less than $3,500.00. An example, though horrible in fact, is a child born without any eyesight will qualify for SSI.
Medical Conditions that usually lead to approval for Disability:
- Musculoskeletal problems: back conditions and other dysfunctions of joints, bones, nerves and tendons
- Speech issues, vision issues and hearing loss
- Respiratory illnesses such as COPD, asthma and cystic fibrosis
- Cardiovascular conditions: Stroke, chronic heart failure or coronary artery disease
- Digestive tract problems, including liver disease and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Neurological disorders: multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s disease, brain tumors and epilepsy
- Blood disorders including sickle cell disease or hemophilia
- Mental disorders: depression, bi-polar, anxiety, schizophrenia, autism, or intellectual disability
- Immune system disorders, such as HIV/AIDS, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and kidney disease
- Congenital conditions such as Downs Syndrome
- Endocrine disorders, including pituitary, adrenal, thyroid and diabetes
- Children have the same conditions list as adults, with the addition of Growth Impairment.
Social security claims live and die on medical records – it is crucial the client follows through on medical testing and treatment to prove the validity of their claims. Our clients are given guidance continuously through the life of the claim. There are many Michigan Social Security Disability attorneys – consider Cantarella & Associates for our 3 decades of representation, of folks just like you. Make that free phone call today.
An article on Federal Disability Insurance, from an attorney’s education newsletter. Disability Insurance.